Join
Us

Contact
Us

Some interesting background to the old Wesleyan Chapel (now Gurdwara) there

Some interesting background to the old Wesleyan Chapel (now Gurdwara) there.
On this day in 1897, the teacher in charge of the Peterborough Rd School recorded in the school log, ‘Only a third of scholars attended today owing to a carnival in the town’. The school originated as an overflow from Bevois Town School and was located at the back of the Wesleyan Chapel ( now the Gurdwara).