facebook.com/HRASouthampton highfieldracomms@gmail.com

Join /


Reporting a crime, intelligence, anti-social behaviour

Road and area representatives are asked to encourage reporting of all incidents in their area, however small, using the established Police and Southampton City Council reporting procedures (see these below). This helps the Police to build up evidence of anti-social and criminal activity in Highfield and to see when, where and for how long to direct and/or increase their patrols. This also helps the Police to identify patterns of crime behaviour.  This policy has been communicated to HRA by a Police Inspector for Southampton North. Reporting is, therefore, of great importance!

The Group is NOT a substitute for reporting crime and members are actively discouraged from taking the law into their own hands.


Established Police and Southampton City Council crime and anti-social behaviour reporting procedures:


  • Telephone 999 in an emergency, including whilst in the process of witnessing a person or property at immediate risk (property being anything from cars, phones, money, doors, etc.)



  • To report a suspicious incident which can add intelligence on a potential crime; or to report intelligence. Either phone 101 or report via the police online portal here:  Report Online   Alternatively, use the Community Partnership Information Sharing Form (CPI). This goes via a different reporting route and is uploaded by the ‘Investigation Team’. It is often where matters of intelligence, partcularly relating to children or vulnerable adults, can safely be reported directly to the police. Link to CPI form below: https://www.safe4me.co.uk/portfolio/sharing-information/



  • To give information anonymously: Councillors can report criminal activity that happens in our community via a form that can be used in the same way as individual reporting for those who wish to report anonymously. Some victims of crime might, for example, want to stay anonymous from the Police; wish to report a neighbour; or have been a victim of intimidation. Contact Portswood Councillors via this link https://www.highfieldresidents.org.uk/politicians/                                                                                  Alternatively, use Crimestoppers: https://crimestoppers-uk.org/give-information/forms/give-information-anonymously