1. To help protect and preserve the area in which we live.
2. To support representation for or against Planning and Licensing applications.
3. For effective campaigning on local issues.
4. For recognition by statutory authorities, local and national.
5. To be an active member of the community and larger community network.
6. It gives an opportunity for social inter-action and participation in social events.
7. It allows reciprocation and support of local businesses as part of members discount scheme.
8. Numerical strength gives us influence and credibility.
9. To give yourself an additional voice in local affairs.
10. To show that you care about your community.